hotlou – aka Lou Abramowski – spent a decade joking he could build a 100k follower list on watching paint dry. Yep.
Surprisingly today, much to his surprise and delight, that’s no joke. Because dozens of brands, big and small, have benefited from his professional guidance on growth and entrepreneurship, including …
- Evergreen – founder, ceo
Evergreen the most powerful tool in social media, built for small and medium businesses to automate their social media publishing if they don’t have the time, resources, or expertise to do it on their own.
- 8thBridge – cofounded in 2008, acquired in 2014
8thBridge opened up the very first storefront on Facebook with 1-800-Flowers on July 8, 2009
- OurFamilyWizard.com – outside hire #1 of the web’s largest family management tool
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky – from 0 to 1M LIkes on Facebook
- Twig the Fairy – from 0 to 250,000 followers and a line of children’s books
In Spring 2019, he launched the hotlou show. After much discussion and negotiation, hotlou is joined by his good friend Mike to talk about both of their social experiments. As it turns out, some have led to some incredibly useful business, marketing, and life lessons.
And it’s worth noting that this show isn’t like other podcasts. Mike and Lou have a lot of fun sharing stories and even occasionally planning happy hour. In fact, we think after listening to one episode, you’ll be hooked.
The following episodes are a great place to start.
The hotlou show episodes:
- Episode 9: Photo Tag Marketing Hack
- Episode 8: Dad Jokes Save the Internet
- Episode 7: Shayla Christine, creator of Living on a One Way
- Episode 6: The Origin Story of “hotlou”
- Episode 5: The Social Media Marketing Tactic Using One Kitten, 24 Toes, and 1 Million Views
- Episode 4: A Lou Hope (or how Lisa Loeb is a Twitter automation savior)
- Episode 3: The Paul Walker Accident (not that one)
- Episode 2: Bunny with a Backpack
- Episode 1: Planting the seed for Evergreen